AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
At Lytham Hall Park Primary School we aim to nurture and maximise the full learning potential of each child, and foster their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development. We want our children to be happy, healthy and successful, within our school family.
- to create a happy, safe and caring environment;
- to value each child for his or her individual talents;
- to help children to learn that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are important qualities
- to promote good relationships between pupils and adults in a happy and harmonious community where good relationships are underpinned by mutual respect and kindness. To treat all fairly and listen to others sympathetically and attentively;
- to develop children who have respect and strive for high standards in their appearance, learning and behaviour;
- to prepare our children for the responsibility and experiences of adult life to enable them to develop as well rounded members of society within the world in which they will live;
- to expect and maintain high standards of behaviour, courtesy and politeness at all levels so that all are treated well;
- to be an inclusive school and to establish practice which ensures, in all aspects of our work, that every pupil is given equality of opportunity, regardless of gender, special needs, disability or race;
- to provide teaching and learning of the highest quality, treating our pupils as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs;
- to nurture children’s spiritual moral and social development and help them to grow in self-confidence and self-esteem;
- to ensure that all pupils benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with many opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play;
- to teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects and RE, especially to the creative aspects, including art, poetry, story, dance, music, and performance. This will be central to our work;
- to contribute to the life and work of the school with energy and enthusiasm;
- to invite parents and the wider community to work as partners with the school;
- to build a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where children feel secure and where they enjoy growing up.
Our school aims to be an inclusive school. We actively seek to include all our children in our school community. We do not exclude individual pupils, or groups of pupils. This means that equality of opportunity must be a reality for our children and we make this a reality through the attention we pay to the different groups of children within our school including:
· children with special educational needs and disabilities;
· more able children;
· minority ethnic and faith groups;
· children who need support to learn English as an additional language.
At Hall Park we ensure an atmosphere where children are purposefully engaged in learning which promotes excellence, enjoyment, perseverance, self-control and independence.